Title: Youth Support Coordinator (YSC) and Student Wellbeing Worker (SWW) combined
Program: Youth Support Coordinator Program and Student Welfare Worker Program
Term: See position descriptions
Location: Toogoolawah State primary and High schools
Award: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (QLD TPEO rates) Level 2.4 Casual rate (currently $39.71/hour)
Responsible to: ICYS Programs Manager and ICYS CEO
Accountable to: ICYS CEO and ICYS Management Committee
- Toogoolawah State High School – Mondays and Wednesdays 8am-4pm combining both Youth Support Coordinator role and Student Wellbeing Worker role
- Toogoolawah State Primary School – Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30am-3pm in Student Wellbeing Worker role.
- Total hours = 27 hours/week
ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service, a not-for-profit community based organisation, has been providing assistance and support to at-risk children, young people, their families and their communities in the Ipswich and surrounding regions since 1983. As a multi-service organisation, ICYS provides a range of support programs and activities to assist and empower young people to make positive choices and decisions for their future.
For 38 years, ICYS has been providing support and assistance to children and young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, employment assistance, crime prevention & intervention, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, emergency relief and recreational activities in the Ipswich and surrounding regions.
Each year ICYS provides direct services to thousands of children and young people across five Local Government Areas (Ipswich, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and the western suburbs of Brisbane) from our offices in Ipswich and Lowood and within our partner schools.
This is a combined Youth Support Coordinator (YSC) and Student Wellbeing Worker role:
- The YSC role assists education & training providers, communities and families to create an effective framework to support young people to remain engaged in education. The Program supports retention and attainment of young people in grades 10 to 12 (and grades 7 to 9 where required) who are at risk of disengaging or who are newly disengaged from learning, through case management and referral to relevant services. The role can involve support through individual case management, group work and community project work. Read more about the YSC role here.
- The Student Welfare/Wellbeing Worker role is to provide social, emotional, practical support and linkages to the broader community. The specific work plan of a SWW is negotiated with each school Principal and ICYS Management and is based on the specific needs of each school community. Read more about the SWW role here.
- Please read both the YSC Position Description PD YSC TSHS Feb2022 and the SWW Position Description PD Student Wellbeing Worker_Chaplain Feb2022 and submit an application letter expressing your interest in the combined position to firstname.lastname@example.org (maximum 2 pages);
- Your application letter must clearly outline how you meet the Position Prerequisites listed on page 3 & 4 of the Position Descriptions; and
- This letter must be accompanied by a current resume including at least 2 referees (at least one must be a recent supervisor).
Applications **extended due to weather event/flooding: close midnight Sunday 13th March 2022