ICYS seeks to employ a suitably qualified and experienced professionals to fill the newly created position of Youth Support Coordinator (YSC) at Lowood:
Youth Support Coordinator – full time (37.5 hours/week)
Title: Youth Support Coordinator (YSC)
Program: Youth Support Coordinator Program
Term: Fixed Term contract to the 14th December 2018
Location: Based at ICYS Lowood Youth Hub, Walters Street Lowood (and other ICYS office locations when requested) including outreach services to Lowood State High School
Award: SCHCDS Industry Award 2010 (QLD TPEO rates) Level 3 or 4 ($31.00 – $36.94/hour)
Responsible to: ICYS Service Manager
Accountable to: ICYS Service Manager and ICYS Management Committee
Applications close MIDNIGHT Sunday 8th April 2018
Interviews will be conducted on Wednesday 11th April 2018
Program Outline: The Youth Support Coordinator (YSC) Program assists education & training providers, communities and families to create an effective framework to support young people to remain engaged in education. The Program supports retention and attainment of young people in grades 10 to 12 who are at risk of disengaging or who are newly disengaged from learning, through case management and referral to relevant services. The role can involve support through individual case management, group work and community project work.
The operational objectives of the YSC program are to:
- Increase the engagement and/or capacity of a student to stay engaged in mainstream education;
- Support the transition of at risk students in grades 10 to 12 into viable training and/or employment;
- Provide at risk students with the skills required to actively participate in education, the community and economy.
There are six YSC positions within the ICYS YSC Team working in/with seven Metropolitan Education Region high schools. YSC’s are expected to work within and alongside schools to meet the needs of their student cohort. YSC’s commence and end each day from the ICYS Office, and travel to their designated school/s. All ICYS YSC’s are directly responsible and accountable to the ICYS Service Manager.
- Please read the PD YSC (Lowood) March2018 and submit an application letter expressing your interest in this position to email@example.com (maximum 3 pages);
- This letter must be accompanied by a current resume including at least 2 referees (at least one must be a recent supervisor); and
- Your application must clearly outline how you meet the Position Prerequisites listed on page 3 of the PD YSC (Lowood) March2018.