ICYS seeks to employ a suitably qualified and experienced professional to fill the role of Youth Support Coordinator (YSC).
Hours: 9 days per fortnight (9 x 7.5 hours) employed on a Casual basis
Term: Fixed Term commencing Wednesday 20th January – 9th December 2016 (possibility of extension)
Location: Based at ICYS, 17 Thorn Street IPSWICH, in addition to outreach services to three nominated schools in the Metropolitan Education Region
Award: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (QLD TPEO rates) Level 3 or 4 depending on experience ($34.30 – $40.16 casual rate)
EOI close: Wednesday 6th January 2016
The Youth Support Coordinator (YSC) Program assists education & training providers, communities and families to create an effective framework to support young people to remain engaged in education. The Program supports retention and attainment of young people in grades 10 to 12 who are at risk of disengaging or who are newly disengaged from learning, through case management and referral to relevant services. The role can involve support through individual case management, group work and community project work. This position is one of three staff in the ICYS YSC Team servicing five schools in the Metropolitan Education Region and is directly responsible and accountable to the ICYS Service Manager.
The operational objectives of the YSC program are to:
• Increase the engagement and/or capacity of a student to stay engaged in mainstream education;
• Support the transition of at risk students in grades 10 to 12 into viable training and/or employment;
• Provide at risk students with the skills required to actively participate in education, the community and economy.
Required skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in the Human Services/Community Service/Youth Work field with excellent knowledge of youth related issues
- Demonstrated experience working with young people utilising a case management framework
- Experience supporting and assisting young people with complex needs
- Experience liaising with, and knowledge of, key stakeholders (e.g. education and training providers, community organisations, government departments)
- Experience with record keeping, report writing, data collection and necessary administrative tasks including well developed computer skills
- Excellent group work and community engagement skills and experience
- Experience working in schools will be an advantage
- Working with Children Blue Card (or ability to acquire)
- First Aid Certificate (incl. CPR)
- Driver Licence
Please submit a letter expressing your interest in this position to email@example.com (maximum 3 pages). This letter must be accompanied by a current resume including at least 2 referees (at least one must be a recent supervisor). EOI’s must clearly state the position you are applying for. If you are applying for multiple positions, you must submit a separate EOI application for each position, making reference to how you meet the relevant skills and experience listed above in each application.