Volunteer Position Description
Title: Youth Markets Coordinator
Program: ICYS Administration
Hours: Flexible – monthly / fortnightly basis
Location: Based at ICYS – 17 Thorn Street IPSWICH 4305
ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service is a not-for-profit community based organisation that supports and assists at risk young people aged 12-25, their families and their communities to identify their strengths, make positive decisions and become active citizens. For 30 years, ICYS has been providing support and assistance to young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, disability support, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, emergency relief and recreational activities in Ipswich and the surrounding regions.
Each year ICYS provides direct services to approximately 6000 young people across 4 Local Government Areas (Ipswich City, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Scenic Rim Regional areas).
The ICYS Youth Markets are a forum for young people to showcase their artistic abilities and sell their wares to the general public. The Youth Markets Coordinator will coordinate and oversee the running of regular market days.
• Source and book stall holders
• Generate promotional materials
• Oversee set up / pack up of stalls
• Assist with other tasks as required
General Skills / Qualifications:
• Good interpersonal skills
• Interest / experience in event management
• Must have or be eligible to obtain a Working With Children Blue Card (Blue Cards are available free of charge to eligible volunteers)