Volunteer Position Description
Title: Website and Social Media Officer
Program: ICYS Administration
Hours: Flexible – weekly / fortnightly
Location: Based at ICYS – 17 Thorn Street IPSWICH 4305 (possibility for remote volunteering)
ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service is a not-for-profit community based organisation that supports and assists at risk young people aged 12-25, their families and their communities to identify their strengths, make positive decisions and become active citizens. For 30 years, ICYS has been providing support and assistance to young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, disability support, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, emergency relief and recreational activities in Ipswich and the surrounding regions.
Each year ICYS provides direct services to approximately 6000 young people across 4 Local Government Areas (Ipswich City, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Scenic Rim Regional areas).
The Website and Social Media Officer is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and management of the ICYS website, Facebook Page and Twitter Feed.
• Upload content to the ICYS website as required
• Manage content on the ICYS Facebook page and Twitter feed
• Regularly update ICYS Facebook status’
• Assist with other tasks as required
General Skills / Qualifications:
• Knowledge and experience in website maintenance
• Confident using all aspects of social media
• Must have or be eligible to obtain a Working With Children Blue Card (Blue Cards are available free of charge to eligible volunteers)