Volunteer Position Description
Title: Project Officer – ICYS Support Services Directory
Hours: Flexible – fixed term project
Location: Based at ICYS – 17 Thorn Street IPSWICH 4305 (possibility of remote volunteering)
ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service is a not-for-profit community based organisation that supports and assists at risk young people aged 12-25, their families and their communities to identify their strengths, make positive decisions and become active citizens. For 30 years, ICYS has been providing support and assistance to young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, disability support, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, emergency relief and recreational activities in Ipswich and the surrounding regions.
Each year ICYS provides direct services to approximately 6000 young people across 4 Local Government Areas (Ipswich City, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Scenic Rim Regional areas).
The Project Officer for the ICYS Support Services Directory will compile a comprehensive overview of all relevant youth based services in the greater Ipswich Region (including details such as contact information, target clientele, referral process etc).
• Calling youth based organisations to obtain service information
• Creating an easy to use document listing relevant details on each organisation
• Assist with other tasks as required
General Skills / Qualifications:
• Sound Microsoft Office skills
• Sound literacy skills
• Excellent telephone manner
• Must have or be eligible to obtain a Working With Children Blue Card (Blue Cards are available free of charge to eligible volunteers)