Volunteer Position Description
Title: Volunteer Librarian
Program: ICYS Administration
Hours: Flexible – weekly / fortnightly
Location: Based at ICYS – 17 Thorn Street IPSWICH 4305
ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service is a not-for-profit community based organisation that supports and assists at risk young people aged 12-25, their families and their communities to identify their strengths, make positive decisions and become active citizens. For 30 years, ICYS has been providing support and assistance to young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, disability support, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, emergency relief and recreational activities in Ipswich and the surrounding regions.
Each year ICYS provides direct services to approximately 6000 young people across 4 Local Government Areas (Ipswich City, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Scenic Rim Regional areas).
The Volunteer Librarian is responsible for developing maintenance and operational systems for the ICYS Resource Library as well as maintaining and expanding the existing collection.
• Develop and implement a borrowing system for internal and external usage of materials
• Catalogue and maintain items (track returns, repair damages etc)
• Source relevant materials for inclusion in the library
• Promote new and existing materials to staff and interested stakeholders
• Assist with other tasks as required
General Skills / Qualifications:
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
• Sound literacy and numeracy skills
• Must have or be eligible to obtain a Working With Children Blue Card (Blue Cards are available free of charge to eligible volunteers)