Volunteer Position Description
Title: Fundraising Officer
Program: ICYS Administration
Location: Based at ICYS – 17 Thorn Street IPSWICH 4305 (possibility for remote volunteering)
ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service is a not-for-profit community based organisation that supports and assists at risk young people aged 12-25, their families and their communities to identify their strengths, make positive decisions and become active citizens. For 30 years, ICYS has been providing support and assistance to young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, disability support, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, emergency relief and recreational activities in Ipswich and the surrounding regions.
Each year ICYS provides direct services to approximately 6000 young people across 4 Local Government Areas (Ipswich City, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Scenic Rim Regional areas).
The Fundraising Officer is responsible for sourcing opportunities to raise revenue for ICYS programming through private donations, government grants and fundraising events.
• Design and run fundraising events
• Liaise with local and national organisations to create funding partnerships
• Develop proposals for funding grants
• Assist with other tasks as required
General Skills / Qualifications:
• Knowledge and experience in fundraising events and activities
• Excellent verbal and social skills
• High level written communication skills
• Must have or be eligible to obtain a Working With Children Blue Card (Blue Cards are available free of charge to eligible volunteers)