Volunteer Position Description
Title: Event Assistant
Program: ICYS Administration
Location: Based at ICYS – 17 Thorn Street IPSWICH 4305
ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service is a not-for-profit community based organisation that supports and assists at risk young people aged 12-25, their families and their communities to identify their strengths, make positive decisions and become active citizens. For 30 years, ICYS has been providing support and assistance to young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, disability support, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, emergency relief and recreational activities in Ipswich and the surrounding regions.
Each year ICYS provides direct services to approximately 6000 young people across 4 Local Government Areas (Ipswich City, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Scenic Rim Regional areas).
ICYS is involved in a number of community projects and events such as Youth Homelessness Matters Day, YSC Your Strategies and Choices Conference, Day for Daniel, School Holiday Programs and various expos and festivals. The Event Assistant will be responsible for providing general support and assistance in running and overseeing these events.
• Set up / pack up of event materials
• Overseeing information stalls / presenters
• Distributing information about ICYS and its programs
• Supervising young people attending events
• Assist with other tasks as required
General Skills / Qualifications:
• Good organisational skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must have or be eligible to obtain a Working With Children Blue Card (Blue Cards are available free of charge to eligible volunteers)