Volunteer Position Description
Title: Delivery Driver
Location: Based at ICYS – 17 Thorn Street IPSWICH 4305
ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service is a not-for-profit community based organisation that supports and assists at risk young people aged 12-25, their families and their communities to identify their strengths, make positive decisions and become active citizens. For 30 years, ICYS has been providing support and assistance to young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, disability support, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, emergency relief and recreational activities in Ipswich and the surrounding regions.
Each year ICYS provides direct services to approximately 6000 young people across 4 Local Government Areas (Ipswich City, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Scenic Rim Regional areas).
The YHAS Program assists young parents who are homeless or at risk of homelessness into both emergency and more permanent accommodation. This support includes sourcing donations of essential household items. The volunteer Delivery Driver will be responsible for collecting and transporting donations to client’s homes.
• Collect donated items of food, furniture and home-wares and deliver them to young people’s homes
• Deliver flyers for upcoming ICYS events to relevant stakeholders
• Assist with other tasks as required
General Skills / Qualifications:
• Open QLD driver’s license (good driving history)
• Good physical health (this position will involve some heavy lifting)
• Must have or be eligible to obtain a Working With Children Blue Card (Blue Cards are available free of charge to eligible volunteers)