Volunteer Position Description
Title: Administration Assistant
Program: ICYS Administration
Hours: Flexible – monthly / fortnightly
Location: Based at ICYS – 17 Thorn Street IPSWICH 4305
ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service is a not-for-profit community based organisation that supports and assists at risk young people aged 12-25, their families and their communities to identify their strengths, make positive decisions and become active citizens. For 30 years, ICYS has been providing support and assistance to young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, disability support, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, emergency relief and recreational activities in Ipswich and the surrounding regions.
Each year ICYS provides direct services to approximately 6000 young people across 4 Local Government Areas (Ipswich City, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Scenic Rim Regional areas).
This position provides general administrative support to all ICYS Programs.
• Generating and distributing a monthly ICYS Newsletter
• Assist in preparing materials for ICYS events and activities
• General office duties (i.e. data entry, mail-outs, answering phones)
• Assist with other tasks as required
General Skills / Qualifications:
• Sound computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must have or be eligible to obtain a Working With Children Blue Card (Blue Cards are available free of charge to eligible volunteers)