ICYS seeks to employ a suitably qualified and experienced professionals to fill the position of Regional Youth Support Worker based at Lowood:
Applications close MIDDAY Wednesday 20th June 2018
Interviews will be conducted on Monday 25th and/or Tuesday 26th June 2018
Title: Regional Youth Support Worker
Program: Regional Youth Support Service
Hours: 30 hours per week (4 days x 7.5 hours – Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri)
Term: Fixed term to 30 June 2019 (with the possibility of extension)
Location: Based at the ICYS Lowood Youth Hub (and the ICYS Head Office when required), providing place-based and outreach services across the Somerset and Lockyer Valley regions
Award: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (QLD TPEO rates) Level 3 or 4 depending on experience – $61,442 – $68,645 (pro rata)
Responsible to: ICYS Service Manager
Accountable to: ICYS Service Manager and ICYS Management Committee
ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service is a multi-service not for profit community based organisation that supports and assists at risk children and young people aged 0 to 25, their families and their communities to identify their strengths, make positive decisions and become active citizens. For over 30 years, ICYS has been providing support and assistance to children and young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, disability support, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, emergency relief and recreational activities in the Ipswich and surrounding regions.
Each year ICYS provides direct services to thousands of children and young people across five Local Government Areas (Ipswich City, Brisbane West, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Scenic Rim Regional areas).
Funded by the Queensland Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women, ICYS’ Regional Youth Support Service provides individualised support to young people aged 12 to 18 within the Somerset and Lockyer Valley regions by providing local level responses including information, advice, referral, supportive case management and coordinated multi-service case management responses. The team consists of three part time workers who are directly responsible and accountable to the ICYS Service Manager.
The Regional Youth Support Service currently operates a three-tiered service delivery model:
- Access – information, advice and referral
- Support – case management support
- Integrated Response – coordinated and integrated multi-service case management response.
- Please read the Position Description_Regional Youth Support Worker June2018 and submit an application letter expressing your interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org (maximum 3 pages);
- This letter must be accompanied by a current resume including at least 2 referees (at least one must be a recent supervisor); and
- Your application must clearly outline how you meet the Position Prerequisites listed on page 3 of the Position Description_Regional Youth Support Worker June2018.