ICYS seeks to employ a suitably qualified and experienced professionals to fill the position of Regional Youth Support Worker based at Lowood:
Applications close MIDDAY Wednesday 20th June 2018
Interviews will be conducted on Monday 25th and/or Tuesday 26th June 2018
Title: Housing Support Worker
Program: Youth Housing and Support Program (YHAS)
Hours: 75 hours per fortnight
Location: Based at the ICYS Ipswich Office 4 days/week and the ICYS Lowood Youth Hub (ICYS Regional Office) 1 day/week
Award: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Award 2010 (QLD TPEO rates) Level 3 or 4 depending on experience – $61,442 – $68,645 (pro rata)
Responsible to: ICYS Service Manager
Accountable to: ICYS Service Manager and ICYS Management Committee
ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service is a multi-service not for profit community based organisation that supports and assists at risk children and young people aged 0 to 25, their families and their communities to identify their strengths, make positive decisions and become active citizens. For over 30 years, ICYS has been providing support and assistance to children and young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, disability support, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, emergency relief and recreational activities in the Ipswich and surrounding regions.
Each year ICYS provides direct services to thousands of children and young people across five Local Government Areas (Ipswich City, Brisbane West, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Scenic Rim Regional areas).
The Youth Housing and Support (YHAS) Program aims to support young people to address issues impacting on homelessness and identify barriers that may prevent them from accessing or maintaining safe, secure and/or affordable housing. The program maintains a client-centred approach to service delivery and works with young people, and often their families, to discuss and implement strategies to respond to emerging needs. The program:
- Supports any young person aged 16 to 25 who is homeless or at risk of homelessness to address barriers to accessing safe, suitable and sustainable housing.
- Provides immediate temporary supported accommodation in five ICYS properties for young families (young people aged 16-25 with children in their care) who are homeless. Provide intensive case management to address barriers to accessing safe, suitable and sustainable housing.
The position of Housing Support Worker provides holistic case management support to young people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless and who may present with complex behaviours and high needs. Other functions include liaising with other housing providers and other community and government organisations and networks that support young people.
This position sits within the Youth Housing and Support Program and alongside other youth-focused programs that support at risk young people, many with high needs and often in crisis. The ability to be empathetic and work within an organisation that supports the empowerment of young people is essential.
- Please read the PD HSW 07June2018 and submit an application letter expressing your interest in this position to email@example.com (maximum 3 pages);
- This letter must be accompanied by a current resume including at least 2 referees (at least one must be a recent supervisor); and
- Your application must clearly outline how you meet the Position Prerequisites listed on page 3 of the PD HSW 07June2018.