The Ipswich & West Moreton Region Child Protection Week Awards have been established by the Ipswich District Child Protection Week Committee (Queensland Police Service, Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women, ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service, and Somerset Regional Council) to promote the safety and wellbeing of children.
The Awards aim to raise awareness and highlight the importance of child protection in our communities, while at the same time recognising the efforts, programs, services and achievements that individuals and organisations have accomplished.
- Award winners will have demonstrated exceptional commitment to the prevention of child harm or the promotion of keeping children and young people safe.
- Nominees achievements must be in line with the legislation as defined in the Child Protection Act 1999.
- Nominees may perform the nominated project/program or activity as part of work-related duties or in a volunteer capacity.
- The nominated project/achievement must have been undertaken within, and benefit the Ipswich Region. The Ipswich Region is defined here, as any area or community that identifies as belonging to the greater Ipswich Region.
- Nominees who accept nomination may be asked to consent to a Criminal History check and additional checks as determined by the Ipswich District Child Protection Week Committee.
- Judging panel reserves the right to alter the category for which the nomination is received.
- Achievement – Successful project implementation leading to improved child harm prevention services in the Ipswich Region.
- Sustainability – Implementation of child safe strategies which have a long–term impact/benefit to the Ipswich Region.
- Community involvement – Program/project which has raised public awareness and successfully engaged the community in activities that have a positive impact on children’s lives, with a focus in Child Safety and Child Protection in the Ipswich Region.
- Collaboration – Working with other agencies to achieve successful outcomes for Child Safety and Child Protection in the Ipswich Region.
- Understanding – Achievement has advanced the understanding of Child Protection and Child Safety issues within the Ipswich Region.
- Innovation – Develop new and creative ways for Child Safety and Child Protection within the Ipswich Region.