- SleepOut Challenge
April 14, 2015 - April 15, 2015
6:00 pm - 10:00 am
- ICYS YHMD Community Breakfast
April 15, 2015
8:00 am - 10:00 am
During National Youth Week 2015, ICYS Ipswich Community Youth Service will be hosting a SleepOut Challenge for Youth Homelessness Matters Day (YHMD). This event will provide participants with an opportunity to sleep rough to raise funds and awareness for Youth Homelessness.
Young people and those who work with young people (Schools, Groups, Service Providers) can SleepOut at ICYS on Tuesday night the 14th April 2015. The SleepOut will culminate in a Community Breakfast the following morning on Youth Homelessness Matters Day (YHMD). YHMD is a national campaign to raise awareness and support for young people who experience or are at risk homelessness, and is a campaign that aligns directly with ICYS who delivers a Specialist Homelessness Service. ICYS supports young people aged 12-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness through our Youth Housing and Support Program (YHAS), our Youth Support Coordinator Program (YSC) and our Youth Assessment Referral & Information Program (YARI).
Participate in the ICYS YHMD SleepOut Challenge as a:
- Individual young person (aged 16 to 24)
- Team of young people (aged 16 to 24) representing a School/Group/Service Provider (maximum of 4 young people). This team must have an accompanying employee from the School/Group/Service Provider attend the SleepOut Challenge
- Individual employee from a School/Group/Service Provider
- Team of employees from a School/Group/Service Provider (maximum of 4 members)
To register for the challenge complete our YHMD – Expression of Interest
If you are unable to SleepOut at ICYS on the 14th April you can still get involved by:
- Sponsoring someone who participates in the SleepOut
- Make a general donation via the ICYS website using the reference “YHMD” https://www.icys.org.au/one-time-donation/
- Make a cash donation when you come along to our YHMD Community Breakfast from 8-10am on YHMD (15th April 2015). The Community Breakfast, held the morning after the SleepOut, is an opportunity for friends, family and supporters of those who participated to come along and congratulate participants, in addition to providing an opportunity for other community members and Service Providers to come along who may have been unable to attend the SleepOut but who wish to support it.